Local mobile company Starmobile has just announced through Facebook that their new budget Android smartphone, the Starmobile Crystal, is now available in their kiosks nationwide for PHP 7,990.
The Starmobile Crystal has the following specs:
- 4.5" IPS capacitive touchscreen, 540 x 960 qHD pixel resolution
- CPU: 1GHz dual core MTK6577 processor
- GPU: PowerVR SGX531
- 4GB internal memory (expandable up to 32GB microSD card)
- 512MB RAM
- 8MP rear camera w/ LED flash and backlight illumination technology
- 2MP front camera
- Bluetooth, WiFi, 3G connectivity
- GPS, microUSB
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1700 mAh lithium-polymer battery
- Dimensions: 136 x 68 x 9.1 mm
- 250 hours standby, 7 hours talktime
The Starmobile Crystal is a good choice for those who want an affordable Android device with decent specs and performance. The phone is really slim (just 9.1mm thick) and powerful enough for apps and gaming, with the dual core 1GHz processor and PowerVR SGX531 GPU. The screen is large enough and vibrant, thanks to the qHD resolution. On the photography department, photos will surely be good because of the 8MP camera with BSI sensor, plus a 2MP front camera which is perfect for video chats. Overall, it's good and can battle with other locally branded smartphones in terms of performance and quality.
For more info visit Starmobile's official site.