The mobile brand Gionee may not be as popular as local and international brands here in the country. You may have never encountered this Chinese brand yet as they have just entered the market. Otherwise, it's quite popular in China and India. They have their own designs for their devices unlike other brands which have generic or copycat designs.
Here are the specs of the Gionee Ctrl V1:
3.95" HVGA capacitive multitouch screen
1GHz Cortex-A9 processor
expandable up to 32GB with a microSD card
2MP camera w/ LED flash
0.3MP (VGA) front camera
capable of video recording
G-sensor and light sensor
Bluetooth (4.0)/3G/WiFi connectivity
Dimensions: 123 x 63.5 x 11.2mm
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
1700 mAh battery
Quite a good Android phone I can say:
- You have a large 4" screen just perfect for viewing photos, watching movies, and playing games;
- a capable single-core 1GHz processor that can handle tasks well;
- 512MB RAM enough for a little multitasking;
- 4GB ROM that is expandable up to 32GB, and of course;
- the dual-sim, dual-standby feature we Filipinos love, to get rid of the hassle of bringing two phones.
But some drawbacks include:
- the 2MP rear camera. Yes, it has LED flash but the resolution is just not enough to produce nice-looking and quality images. But if you prefer a digicam for doing this job, this phone will be fine.
- 1700 mAh battery is not enough especially if you are a heavy user. Otherwise, if you'll use it for texting, calling, a little play and surf, it may last at least 24 a day or less.
The Gionee Ctrl V1 is now available at Memo Xpress and CMK Cellphones for PHP 5,999. Quite affordable, but with those locally-branded phones with high-end specs offered at a lower price, Ctrl V1 may find it hard to compete.